Saturday, September 29, 2007

good luck, bad luck

dirty wheels get stuck on cars where roads don't allow docking,
i'm stocking up on bad potluck dinners, meanwhile mavericks battle the phoenix suns
and bums outside are getting the run around from suits,
glistening with diamonds and spades, clever clovers and heartless trumps donald ducking away from reality t.v.
I'm starting to miss that mind numbing addiction but fuck it
time to suck it up, ride through the storm and form an inner resolve that king arthur couldn't put a sword through,
or pull out of, whichever way the fairy tale goes
I'd rather be washing windows than complaining about the brain waves I make when I paint pain invisible and let it fizzle like the good dr. pepper, left alone like a leper time and again
I try to colonize this page with rhymes and send it out to every single person in the room next door,
what would you need it for? listen clearly, eyes focus on my red liquid pumping oxygen,
feel the pleasure that metrics can't measure, it's like a treasure peninsula where pens insulate and spirits never break,
don't ever mistake me for blake, a lamb, tiger, or snake
I'm amphibian, a prime rib meridian raw in the middle and rough on the outskirts,
belly full of spirit like teens seeking nirvana, instant gratification and multi million dollar publications
time is on your side while mine is waiting for breakthroughs,
waiting to make proof that bullets can't pierce through my flesh,
not again, it's like I'm spending my life on instant replay, no luck making headway,
I'm playing too many head games and it's overtime, any moment now it's all going down,
genesis the sequel, when the world will end not with a bang but with a boomerang bringing back memories that make us forget the apocalypse in the first place, by god's grace give me a break
...
but I'm not a kit kat, my nine lives will end today if this day never ends,
like zack morris I'm saved by the bends while radioheading a wall ever since I can remember,
I'll be gone til november rain breathes life into this desert storm around me,
I lost what I wanted and disillusionment found me sound asleep, imagining better days,
searching for better ways to stay awake and shake this negative energy once and for all,
optimistic I know but if I wasn't I'd be crying right now and that would be no way to write a poem.

No comments: