Saturday, September 1, 2007

in the mood for poetry and other deep thoughts

I’m in the mood for a love poem.
I’m feeling good about this like my soul mate is out there, getting ready to be found
or right in front of me, who knows?
but now I’m in the mood for a What-the-Fuck!-is-going-on poem
I want to question social habits and war advocates
I want to raise my fist in denial and charge my rhymes like electric wires!!!!
actually, What-the-Fuck is the point?
I’m really in the mood for an angry poem that breaks windows in every room
and assumes the worst about people,
so
stop
listening
Stop listening so I can’t tell you how I’m in the mood for humor
one liners is what I got
but maybe I can’t be funny today,
just melancholy and tired,
wired by caffeine and deflated by green nicotine,
everyone is the same, telling me this poem is lame
I'm exhausted like princess Diana running from fame
with constant question marks trailing me,
anxiety is taking me down
I can say it straight to the point or around,
there’s no escaping this poem, it’s hot pursuit
I’m running on foot and losing
sometimes the pain can be soothing
but who am I fooling?

ah,
fuck this poem, I’m in the mood for some chinese food.

No comments: