Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Stop Thinking

Stop thinking.
Being alive does not require it all the time.
Being intelligent does not require it all the time.
Frankly I think
that I think
that I think
that I think too much.
I've made a hobby of thinking
Like playing tennis the mental duress is excruciating,
and also like tennis no one is there to offer kind words of sympathy.
That's why I quit tennis
But quitting thinking is hard,
harder than not smoking a cigarette after vodka shots,
harder than forgetting that smile that makes my eyes water,
harder than saying no while thinking yes.
Thinking gets in the way of passion,
and passion, it its chaotic and often regrettable state,
is still beautiful
Its mystique is disturbed by wandering thoughts,
It's potential is untouched because of some ill-advised question marks
So stop thinking,
Enjoy yourself for a while,
In a simple way,
Without certainty or uncertainty,
And I will be there,
thinking of you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my favorite...maybe for always