Monday, December 1, 2008

poof (another apocalypse)

poof

there goes Wall St, blown up and dismembered by investment bank pranksters with a taste for disaster
the economy crash could not have come faster
but hey, at least it makes for compelling TV
oh Shit!!
there goes GE! there goes Lehman and AIG!
they're crashing so hard I can't see past the red
my portfolio bled its value like the banks bled the Fed
I'm in despair,
someone needs to help me forget that my retirement's gone and I'm swallowed by debt

poof

there goes my home, my job, my American dream,
my pride, my wealth, I want to scream
when will it end?
will the market recover?
five years from now will there be another ... apocalypse?

poof

it's all burn burn burning down
forget wall street and main street, the flames are blazing through the whole town
bailouts are failing, bankruptcy looming
anti-depressant sales must be booming
recession
depression
it's the end of the world
these Wall St disasters never get old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this one.

Anonymous said...

Good job, love the humor.