Tuesday, March 1, 2011

all for nothing

I falsified my name and changed my DNA to a triple helix
I filled my head but my brain is untrained, fenceless and unpreserved,
like Brazilian wildfires it will be heard
hear?
see?
these shades are blinding me, draining me,
leaving momentarily but coming back with a vengeance,
violently filling the streets like offshore bank accounts,
and I can't help but think it's all for nothing.

where am I?
that's easy.
I'm writing poems with a gun and holding hostages with a pen while shooting up and crashing like a meteor
I falsified my identity to escape and can you blame me?
I have fake passports and satellites in the sky filling my eyes with evidence of wrongdoers like the mob in Boondock Saints,
but
I don’t care
whenever they’re killing, I’m crying
whatever they're selling, I'm buying,
whatever you ask me, I’m lying
so quit trying
I’m done
I erased my identity and replaced it with kerosene
do you want a light?
forget it
there’s no point when you don’t even see the tunnel.

1 comment:

Jaye Kogut said...

awesome dude, i like.